Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Strawberry Chicken Salad


The poppy seed dressing on this salad is a recipe that I use for a couple of different dishes.  It is so easy to make and there isn't a bottled dressing that can match it for flavor and freshness. 

This is a layered salad that is best assembled onto each individual plate.  This is how I serve it, in bowls like this and then everyone can make their own salad on their plate. This is the order I use:

Romaine lettuce, chopped
baby spinach leaves
Chinese chow mein noodles
sliced strawberries
grilled chicken breast, cut into strips (a rotisserie chicken would work too!)
bacon, cooked and crumbled
toasted, sugared almond slices
green onions
poppyseed dressing

    Toasted Almonds:  I use a frying pan over low-medium heat.  Add 1 cup of sliced raw almonds and 1/2 cup sugar.  Stir continuously until the sugar begins to melt and carmelizes over the almonds and the almonds turn a golden brown.  Remove from heat and continue to stir for 1-2 minutes.
    Poppyseed Dressing:
1 cup mayo
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. poppyseeds
juice of 2 limes
   Combine ingredients and stir.  Add additional sugar if too tart or a tsp. of milk if too thick.

      














2 comments:

Unknown said...

How the crap do you stay so thin?????

7kidsathome said...

Lol! I've been asked that twice this week! I fight very hard to not eat too much of what I make.