Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Red Pepper Crackers

This is my favorite way to eat tuna!  It has been since I was a teenager.   I would cut up iceberg lettuce, spoon a big helping of tuna on top and eat it like a salad.  Now we have leaf lettuce and so I really like the Romaine lettuce boats even better than the salad!  For two cans of tuna I add 1 cup of celery, finely minced, 1 cup of hydrated lime pickles, finely minced, 3 green onions, finely chopped and about 4 tbsp. of mayo.  Mix together and spread on the lettuce leaves. Add a few tomato wedges to make it even better.  The Red Pepper Crackers are a new addition for me.  I love their buttery, peppery flavor.  The recipe is from here:
http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/518903016/ritz-crackers/

Red Pepper Crackers
1 stick melted butter,                                     Mix everything together, bake at 300 for 15 min.
1 packet Ranch dressing mix,
¼ c. grated Parmesan,
1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 box ritz crackers

No comments: