Friday, November 22, 2013

Advent Calendar Luke: 2 Story

 This is just to give you an idea for a countdown to Christmas using the scriptures.  I made this about 10 years ago and I wish I had a pattern for you, but I drew all these freehand.  I am no artist, so if I can do this, so can you.  Use the following photos as a guide.  Each round "stone" is the stopping place for the traveling Mary and Joseph and donkey.  You can't see it, but somewhere on each black number is a little bit of velco backing.  On the back of the donkey is the velcro. 
 Each round "stone" is glued on the bottom and and around the sides only.  The top is left open to make it a pocket.  Inside each pocket is a verse from Luke:2 of the Christmas story.  It is very faint but if you look closely you can see a slip of paper sticking out of the number 1 pocket.
 The shepherd and sheep and palm tree.  Very easy! 
 The stable, manger and star.
 The three wisemen and their gifts.
The mountains and a well.  Merry Christmas!

No comments: