Saturday, February 1, 2014

7 Layer Dip in cups

I usually make this in a 9x13 or 9x8 pan.  I thought it might be fun to try making the individual servings in cups.  They look so colorful!  You could make these very easily by using premade mixes for the all of the layers.  I love my homemade guacamole and pico de gallo too much to use any others, so I will give you those recipes too.  For my cheese layer I usually use grated cheddar, but I have been wanting to try the Rotel and Velveeta queso recipe for a while and I thought this would be a good time.  It was!

7 Layer Dip in cups  (makes 8 servings)
1 small can refried beans
1 can black beans, drained
1 recipe queso (see below)
1 lb. hamburger, cooked and drained with 1 packet taco seasoning mixed in according to directions
1 1/2 cups guacamole (see my recipe here:guacamole)
2 cups sour cream
1 can olives, sliced
1 cup pico de gallo (see my recipe here:pico de gallo)
hot sauce to drizzle on top, if desired.  I use Taco Bell Mild Sauce
           Layer the ingredients in the cups.  I microwave my refried beans and black beans first because we like this dip hot!  Serve with tortilla chips.

 

No comments: