Monday, March 10, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Idea

I will be gone this year for St. Patrick's Day so I put these together early.  On the morning of the 17th Mike will bring them out of hiding and have them at the breakfast table for the kids.  (I had him set an alarm on his phone :) so he would remember!)   Each child gets their own green basket.  They all have green, gold and rainbow items in them.  The girls always get a few hair things, the boys get more small toys, glow lights etc.   Everyone gets a bag of Lucky Charms cereal too.  I mailed my college daughter her "basket" a few days ago to make sure she gets it and I shed a few tears at the reminder that she is on her own now.  :(   I love doing fun little things for the holidays.  It's so fun to see the kids' faces!  Even though they are mostly teenagers now, they still get excited by little surprises.  :)

No comments: