Sunday, July 26, 2015

FHE -- 10 Teachings of President Boyd K. Packer to the youth.






https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/images/leaders/boyd-k-packer-large.jpg                                                                                                        
President Boyd K. Packer

FHE -- 10 Teachings of President Boyd K. Packer to the youth.

OPENING SONG: "True to the Faith" Hymn #254
OPENING PRAYER: (to be assigned)
SCRIPTURE: D&C 18: 26-36
26And now, behold, there are others who are called to declare my gospel, both unto Gentile and unto Jew; 
27Yea, even twelve; and the Twelve shall be my disciples, and they shall take upon them my name; and the Twelve are they who shall desire to take upon them my name with full purpose of heart. 
28And if they desire to take upon them my name with full purpose of heart, they are called to go into all the world to preach my gospel unto every creature. 
29And they are they who are ordained of me to baptize in my name, according to that which is written; 
30And you have that which is written before you; wherefore, you must perform it according to the words which are written . 
31And now I speak unto you, the Twelve —Behold, my grace is sufficient for you; you must walk uprightly before me and sin not. 
32And, behold, you are they who are ordained of me to ordain priests and teachers; to declare my gospel, according to the power of the Holy Ghost which is in you, and according to the callings and gifts of God unto men; 
33And I, Jesus Christ, your Lord and your God, have spoken it. 
34These words are not of men nor of man, but of me; wherefore, you shall testify they are of me and not of man; 
35For it is my voice which speaketh them unto you; for they are given by my Spirit unto you, and by my power you can read them one to another; and save it were by my power you could not have them; 
36Wherefore, you can testify that you have heard my voice, and know my words. 

LESSON:

President Boyd K. Packer ( President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles 2008–2015

President Boyd K. Packer, the President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, was set apart to this position on February 3, 2008. Previously, he was Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles beginning June 5, 1994. Prior to becoming Acting President, he served as a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, having been ordained an Apostle on April 9, 1970. He earlier served for almost nine years as an Assistant to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. An educator by profession, his career includes service as supervisor of seminaries and institutes of religion for the Church and as a member of the Administrative Council of Brigham Young University. He studied at Weber College and subsequently received his bachelor of science and master of science degrees from Utah State University. He received a doctorate in educational administration from Brigham Young University.President Packer was born September 10, 1924, in Brigham City, Utah. He served as a bomber pilot during World War II in the Pacific Theater.President Packer served as president of the New England Mission. He is the author of a number of books and other published works. He is an artist, particularly of birds. He is married to the former Donna Smith. They are the parents of ten children.

 10 Teachings from President Boyd K. Packer to the youth
(This link has the 10 simple teachings with pictures and 3 short, 2-4 minute videos.)

CLOSING SONG: "Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice" Hymn #21
CLOSING PRAYER: (to be assigned)

REFRESHMENTS:
Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter/Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting 
(from my blog)





No comments: