Friday, July 24, 2015

Gourmet Burgers with semi-homemade pickles.

For the burgers I used fresh ground top sirloin.  I cooked them on a cast iron griddle top with onion powder and garlic salt.  I also spooned just a little bit of melted butter onto the crust after they had been turned over.  I like the top sirloin because I can cook the meat until it is closer to medium than well and not have them be over cooked.  I sliced some yellow onions into super thin rings, dipped them in buttermilk and then flour and then fried them to go on top of the burgers.  And since I live in Utah, I made fry sauce (mayo and ketchup) for the burgers as well.


Semi-homemade pickles.  They keep their bright green color and freshness!  After we have finished eating the pickles that came in the jar I slice up a fresh cucumber and add it to the liquid.  Refrigerate for at least 24 hours and presto...  pickles!  You can re-use the liquid twice to make pickles.  After that, the flavor is pretty much gone.


No comments: