Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Poutine with Shredded Beef Roast


I have GOT to cook another pot roast, just so I can hide a bit of it in the refrigerator and make this again for lunch one day soon!  Yes...I hide small amounts of stuff sometimes.  Survial of the fittest smartest, right? Poutine is a dish from Canada and traditionally is made with french fries, cheese curds (which I don't care for), and brown gravy.  I decided to add leftover roast beef and pepper jack cheese (which I love) to mine along with the brown gravy.  I just used a simple packet for the brown gravy (lazy, I know, but I didn't save any of the roast liquid when I cooked it, what was I thinking?!)  See?...  Just the picture of this is turning me crazy!!  It is that good!

Poutine
French fries, I bake mine according to the package directions with just a tiny pinch of dried rosemary sprinkled on top.  You can fry them if you choose.
1 packet of brown gravy, cook according to packet directions
leftover pot roast
Pepper jack cheese, either grated or sliced thin
        On your plate place a nice pile of hot french fries.  Add a thick later of pot roast, which has been reheated in the microwave until hot.  Pour on some gravy, add some cheese and microwave again until the cheese is melted, about a minute or two.  The grab a fork and dig in!



No comments: