Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Mango Chicken Salad Sandwiches


I love mangos!  I bought a whole box at Costco last week and with a 50 cent price matching ad bought 8 more at Wal-Mart.  This is one of the new recipes I put together with the mangos.  It is pretty simple.  You can use store bought croissants or what I did was to make this easy buttermilk-dinner-rolls recipe from a past post.  Either way would be delicious!  I love my homemade rolls, so that is my preference.  The lettuce is a Bibb butter lettuce.  It is the perfect taste and texture for this sandwich.

Mango Chicken Salad
2 ripe mangos, diced
2 large chicken breasts, grilled, seasoned and diced
4 green onions, chopped
3 large basil leaves, chopped 
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup honey flavored greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
         Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and gently fold together.




No comments: