Monday, October 28, 2013

Crockpot Cinnamon Almonds

This recipe makes my house smell so amazing!  I love cinnamon.  Not enough to brave the "cinnamon challenge", I'm not that crazy!  :)  I will however use copious amounts in a recipe to make my house smell great!

Crockpot Cinnamon Almonds
cooking spray
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
2 egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups whole raw almonds
aluminum foil

Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Spray the stoneware well with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Set this bowl aside.
In a larger mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites and vanilla extract. Pour the almonds into this bowl and stir well to coat. Add your cinnamon mixture to the top of the nuts and toss with spoons to fully coat. 
Put the almonds into the slow cooker and cover. Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring every 20-30 minutes or so to keep the almonds on the side of the crock from getting too crispy.  Pour out onto foil when done cooking to cool.  Store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a yummy recipe. My boys have done the cinnamon challenge. They end up coughing up cinnamon all over the place. Don't do it!!

7kidsathome said...

Hahaha! :) I said I'm not that crazy! I have a video of my DD#1 trying it with the same results! Her dad was the one who got her to do it!