Sunday, September 1, 2013

Dry Erase Calendar and Fall Bucket List

 This handy dandy dry erase calendar acts as my brain, especially during sports seasons when I have multiple children playing on different teams.  It is huge and I love it!  I wish the squares were even bigger!  I also wish I could find more colors of dry erase markers with the fine point tip.
 I color code the different activities and sports for the kids.  I always use the black marker for my dinner menu and it is always written on the bottom of the daily square.  The numbers are printed on cardstock and I glued them onto magnets so they can be moved within the calendar each month.  I always keep the sports schedule papers and my menu lists and appointment cards that the info for the board comes from.  I file them in a file box on my laundry room counter until the month ends.  Occasionally someone will "accidentally" erase a part of the board.  Then I can redo the affected part with my file of info.  It doesn't happen often, but I like to have my backup files just in case.
The colored shapes on some of the days are our Fall Bucket List ideas.  They are put on the days that we plan to do those things.  This basket is hanging on the side of the calendar and it holds more bucket list activities for Ocotber and November.  It was easier to just make up all the fall month's activities at once than to try and find time to print them up each month.  I also have my Costco coupon booklet hanging on the board to remind me to take it when I do my planned Costco trip up north.  I am 2 hours away so I don't want to forget it!  ( I love Costco!) The picture below shows where the calendar is located in the middle of the upstairs hallway, easy to be seen by the kids to remind them of schedules.


2 comments:

lolita said...

I love your calendar and the color coding. Where did you find that calendar?
I have 4 children and need to put something up for the whole family.

Unknown said...

The problem is that you provide may be worth our time and also effort. ReMARKable dry erase paint