Friday, April 12, 2013

Frozen Homemade Waffles


I like to make waffles about once a month.  I multiply my single recipe by 9 and then freeze them in baggies of 2.  This is the best recipe I've used for waffles!

    Waffles (single recipe, makes 4)             (x 9)
3/4 cup flour                                           6 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder                              9 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. sugar                                         1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt                                            2 1/4 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. veg. oil                                      1 1/2 cups veg. oil
2/3 cup milk                                           6 cups milk
1 egg, separated                                     9 eggs, separated
               In a large bowl add all ingredients, except for the egg whites.  Place egg whites into another medium sized bowl.  Beat egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. (This is the secret to these waffles being so good!)  Use mixer to combine the other ingredients in the large bowl.  Gently fold egg whites into mix. 
The kids like mini choclate chips in their waffles.
I like mine with frozen blueberries and chia seeds.  (You can't taste them, but they are really good for you!)
The best part is having 24 frozen bags of 2 waffles for kids to pull out of the freezer and either toast or microwave for breakfast.  If you grind your own wheat, this is a great way to use it.  I prefer half wheat flour and half white.  You can even sneak some wheat germ or flax seed into the waffle batter, no one will know!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Brenda and I'm also a mother of 7 and now having grand children to add to the bundle. There are 12 n my house hold and would love some recipes for freezer foods and lots of meals if 7 can help me. Thank u