Friday, April 12, 2013

Breakfast Burritos

These are a huge hit with my family!  These are a once a month project that get wrapped up and tossed into the freezer for those easy morning breakfasts.
The key ingredient to making these so good is the salsa con queso.  I have found that regular cheddar cheese doesn't stay melted very well in the burritos.  This con queso adds just a little kick with the peppers and the texture stays very creamy.
Roll them up tightly.  I stack them on one of my broiler pans with sides so they don't accidentally roll off!  Freeze them for about 30 minutes and then put them in individual baggies and then into a freezer storage bag.  Microwave for 1-2 minutes and they are ready to go!  I make mine a little on the small side.  They are very filling.  For this recipe I used:
 2 lbs. of ground mild sausage, fried
 24 oz. bag of potato rounds, baked
 20 eggs and 2/3 cup milk, scrambled (just barely undercooked, I don't like rubbery eggs!)
 40 tortillas
 1 large jar of Tostitos salsa con queso (the brand really matters, don't use the cheap stuff, it tastes funny!)
This looks like a lot of burritos, okay it IS a lot of burritos, but with a family of 9, this won't stay in my freezer very long...sigh.  :)





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to make these for Brunch Christmas morning. If I make them Christmas Eve, how do I heat them all up at the same time in the morning? Oven? Please help!!!!! Email me at Peggy102956@yahoo.com

rhonda said...

This looks wonderful! I'm trying to find ways to make food ahead of time so we spend less eating junky fast food... Thanks! I'm going to get the stuff to make these tomorrow!

Darci said...

How long do you put these in the oven or microwave?

7kidsathome said...

Microwave 2 minutes then cool 2 minutes. :)